How to Support
- Written by: savelittlelakevalley
- Category: Uncategorized
- Published: December 30, 2018
1) Get Informed: Read our fact sheet (click here) and the other extensive literature on this web page, including background on the Little Lake Valley Defenders/Earth First! direct action campaign and our detailed “How Caltrans Gets Away With It” expose, with extensive supporting documents, videos, and links. SOLLV has hosted numerous educational forums and Bypass bootprint tours; be on the look-out for other informational events and activities. Below is a presentation by Rosamond Crowder about the wetlands ecology of Little Lake Valley, given at the April 22nd, 2013 forum “Wells, Wick Drains, and Wetlands” at the Little Lake Grange.
2) Donate Financially: There are two donation streams 1) General SOLLV Fund: your donation will be used to create educational material to spread our message. You can pay securely over PayPal with the button below, or send a check to Willits Economic Localization, 221 South Lenore Avenue, Willits CA 95490. 2) State Lawsuit Fund: SOLLV is exploring the possibility of filing a lawsuit using the California Environmental Quality Act to stop the Bypass in partnership with a local non-profit, Keep the Code. To explore these options, we are raising funds and asking for donations of any size from all concerned citizens. To donate specifically to this fund, make checks out to Keep The Code and write in the memo ‘Little Lake Valley Legal Fund.’ Give your check to a SOLLV member, bring it to the SOLLV office, or mail it to Keep The Code, PO BOX 131, Willits CA 95490.
3) Sign up to receive our promotional materials and action network: Like us on Facebook, sign up for our email list by emailing longfreddie [at] gmail.com, or join our phone tree by calling 216-5549 or 367-5202. To be in touch with us, e-mail savelittlelake [at] gmail.com.
4) Get Involved: Come to a SOLLV Meetinng and Join a Committee. The general SOLLV meetings are on Friday evenings from 5-7 p.m. at the Little Lake Grange on School Street in Willits. We have several subcommittees addressing various aspects ofthe Caltrans Bypass struggle: Outreach, Media, Political/Legislative, Legal, Fundraising, Complaints and Monitoring.
5) Sign the Petition (archive). The petition is out of date and will soon be updated.
6) WRITE, CALL OR EMAIL your elected officials. Here is contact info:
Gov. Jerry Brown
(916) 321-54987 email c/o http://gov.ca.gov
Congressman Jared Huffman
616-9843 Email c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
State Senator Noreen Evans
316-9549 Email c/o email@example.com
Assemblyman Wesley Chesbro
958-8461 Email c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
See this recent SOLLV update with other important regulatory agency and elected contacts and recommendation on timely actions: Tell The Army Corps of Engineers and Water Board to Suspend the Bypass Construction Permits.
Copy letters to local media: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Also CC: Mayor Holly Madrigal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Call-in to radio talk shows: KZYX 164-84979; KMUD 321-54987 (Check show times)